Understanding your bill

Use the graphic / PDF below, and the definitions of some of the terms, to get a better understanding of your bill.

View Sample Bill
Example Bill View Larger
Key bill definitions:

Authorized Financial Aid: Total financial aid that is ready to be applied to the account on the date of disbursement.

Incomplete Financial Aid: Financial Aid in a pending status to be authorized and/or incomplete due to lack of acceptance, missing documents/requirements.

Current Billed Balance: Total charges minus payments/credits.

Payment Due/New Balance: Total charges minus authorized financial aid minus payments/credits.

Future Balance: Balance due for registered courses that have not yet begun.

Payment information

  • The University requires full payment of each semester’s charges by August 15 or January 15 before the semester’s classes for traditional undergraduate students. For non-traditional and graduate students, payment should be made prior to the first class.
  • Notification from the Financial Aid Office of grants, scholarships, or a guaranteed student loan will be accepted in lieu of payment by cash.
  • If using federal financial aid, tuition disbursements will be made to a student’s account after the start of the course.
  • Failing to observe this schedule or to make other satisfactory arrangements with the Business Office, may impact the right to begin or continue work at Concordia and may impact registration, transcripts and diplomas, and use of the student ID card.
  • If students must rely on others for financial resources, they are held responsible for seeing to it that financial sponsors observe the payment schedule.

Payment options


Students may check their tuition balance and confirm payments using the Portal (my.cuw.edu) under the “Student” link through the channel entitled “Pay My Bill Online”. Students may also pay by credit card by stopping in or calling the Business Office at 262-243-2609.

International students (PayMyTuition)

Concordia University Wisconsin has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple and cost effective.

Make a Payment Now

Additional information on PayMyTuition:

How to make a payment – step-by-step instructions (PDFs)

Select a language to download the PayMyTuition instructions:


PayMyTuition customer support information

Call 1.855.663.6839 (toll-free) or through one of their local country contact numbers. You can also reach PayMyTuition Support at support@paymytuition.com or through their support page.

No matter what time zone you're in, you will have a dedicated customer support team available to you through live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions and help you make your payment.


Parents may make a payment on their student(s) account by using our Parent Payment site: click here. You will need your students’ ID number (F00#) to make the payment. You will find the ID# on the billing statement. Parents may also pay by credit card by calling the Business Office at 262-243-2609.

Parent Payment Site

All credit card transactions will be charged a 1.38% non-refundable convenience fee. All mailed check payments should be addressed to Concordia University Wisconsin, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon, Wisconsin 53097.ATTN: Accounts Receivable. Please include the student ID # on payments.

Payment plans

To help assist with your tuition payments, Concordia University offers convenient payment plans. You can use a payment plan to pay all or part of your tuition, and avoid the high interest rates that normally come with a traditional loan.

Benefits of an automatic payment plan

  • Simple enrollment process to ensure your account is set up properly with the school
  • Initiated by you, with the flexibility to invite a parent or relative to complete the plan
  • Payments conveniently made electronically—no postage to worry about!
  • Straightforward, detailed status lets you know where your account stands
  • Cashnet customer care available Monday–Friday, 7:00am–8:00pm CST

How do the payment plans work?

Tuition payments may be made automatically each month, for a maximum of 6 payments per semester. Students have the ability to pay either by ACH (checking or savings account) or by credit card. To sign up for the Cashnet payment plan please have the student log into my.cuw.edu there will be a link on the student tab. Questions about the payment plan should be directed to the Business Office at 262-243-2609. There is a $35 enrollment fee for each plan set up each semester and there is a 2.75% convenience fee associated with the credit card option.

Read all of the terms and conditions of the Cashnet payment plan here.

Where do I go to sign up for a payment plan?

  • Go to my.cuw.edu
  • Select the Student Tab
  • Scroll to “Pay My Bill Online”
  • Select Concordia Payment Plan
  • Sign in using your Concordia Username/Password

Disclaimer: Please be sure to sign up for CashNet at the beginning of each semester.

Balance refund process

According to Federal Regulation FR 72-152, any remaining Federal funds after current semester charges will be released to the student within 14 days of the funds being applied to the student account. These releases will be automatically processed. Students are responsible for updating their address and direct deposit information; as well as updating their form if circumstances or the desired balance release options change. If we do not receive a Balance Release Options form completed by the student, university practice is to mail a check to the address on file. At any time students have the ability to change how remaining funds from federal application can be received by completing another Balance Release Options form. Concordia University will keep this form on file. Any adjustments made to a student account after the funds have been released will be the student’s responsibility and must be paid in full before the outstanding balance hold will be removed. Please note: If a student wishes to return Federal loan money back to the government, the student must contact the Financial Aid Office 262-243-4569 prior to their disbursement date.


Do you need to discuss your finances, a hold on your account, veteran benefits, have a question about your billing statement? Request an appointment with a Business office clerk today! If you have other questions, please feel free to give us a call:

  • Billing Office: 262-243-2609
  • Financial Aid Office: 262-243-4569
  • Registrar Office: 262-243-4345
  • Resident Life Office: 262-243-4328