Applying for an F1 or J1 VISA

After you have been admitted to Concordia as an International student, please review the below steps to apply for an F1 or J1 VISA.

  • F1 Students: Students no longer need to have Concordia mail them a physical copy of their I-20, the digital F1 I-20 is sufficient for your VISA interview
  • J1 Students: Concordia will mail your DS-2019 form within the week of receiving all pertinent information

If you would like Concordia to mail you a physical F1 I-20 document, please follow these directions.

Submit proof of funding

Provide proof of funding for a minimum of one year of study in the form of a bank statement, loan, etc.

If a relative or parent is sponsoring you, please submit a letter of support to accompany the funding. Your sponsor may have an affidavit from their bank sent to us or they may complete the attached form. You may email these documents to or upload them to your online application.

Submit copy of passport

Submit a copy of your passport to either or upload to your online application.

Pay international tuition deposit

Upon acceptance to the University, a $300 nonrefundable tuition deposit is required for undergraduate students. A $650 nonrefundable tuition deposit is required for graduate students applying for Spring 2025 and after. This is not an additional fee, but a payment that secures your spot at the University and is put towards your tuition upon arrival. This deposit is not refundable and expires after 1 calendar year.

Make My Tuition Deposit

Bringing dependents (spouse / children)

If an F-l/J-1 student is interested in receiving a dependent I-20/DS-2019 for his/her spouse and/or children, then the following form must be completed. On completion, additional instructions will follow.

Dependents Request